Code of Thundera
It is the duty of the ThunderCats to uphold the code of Thundera.
- Truth: To speak the truth at all times
- Loyalty: To be loyal to family and friends
- Honor: To honor and respect superiors
- Justice: To strive to help others and fairness in all acts that are committed that is good
The Lord of the Thundercats
The ThunderCats leader, the Lord of the ThunderCats is a hereditary title passed down. But every Lord of the ThunderCats must undergo a series of Anointment Trials in order to be worthy of the title. Lion-O began his Anointment Trials on his 20th birthday. He defeated fellow ThunderCats Panthro in a Trial of Strength, Cheetara in a Trial of Speed, Wilykit and Wilykat in a Trial of Cunning, and Tygra in a Trial of Mind Power. In his fifth and final trial, he defeated his arch nemesis, Mumm-Ra, in a Trial of Evil.
The anointment ceremony, held at the Cats Lair , was attended by many from Third Earth including the Berbils, Bolkins, Brute-Men, Molemen, Tabbuts, Trollogs, Unicorns, Wolos, and Warrior Maidens. Individuals present at the ceremony included Dr. Dometone, Hachiman, Mandora, Quick Pick, Unicorn Keepers, Snowmeow, Willa, and Nayda.
Lord of the ThunderCats was a title held by the rulers of the ThunderCats. Grune's great grandfather held this title.
- In the Marvel comic series, the term ThunderCat is often used to refer to the entirety of the Thunderian race.